Carbo vegetabilis LM Potency Dilution
Carbo vegetabilis LM Potency Dilution
Common Name: Vegetable Charcoal
Bleeding Gums, Flatulence, Indigestion, Colic, Haemorrhoids Painful, Overeating
Indications of Carbo vegetabilis LM Potency Medicine:
Disintegration and imperfect oxidation is the keynote of the remedy.
Simplest food disagrees due to weak digestion with excessive accumulation of gas in the stomach and intestine with frequent eructation.
Complaints worse by lying down, after eating and drinking, rich food and better from eructation and passing flatus.
Carbo Veg is also useful in collapse stage of cholera.
There is a desire to be constantly fanned rapidly and from a close distance with coldness of the extremities during cholera.
Discharge of blood from rectum and bluish burning piles, with pain after stools
The typical Carbo patient is sluggish, fat and lazy sand has a tendency to chronicity in his complaints.
Persons who have never fully recovered from the effects of some previous illness are suitable ones for carbo veg.
Patient profile: Carbo vegetabilis LM potency medicine
Mind and Head
The patient faints easily, is worn out, and must have fresh air.
Fear of being alone in the evening, at night, in bed; of strangers, accidents, ghosts.
Dullness, answers slowly, difficult concentration, confusion.
Falling of hair after severe illness, parturition.
Eyes, ear, nose
Ailments from overexerting eyes, Epistaxis or nosebleed.
Mumps migrate to breast glands or testes.
Mouth and Throat
Cough with tingling and itching in larynx causing spasmodic cough with gagging and vomiting.
Hoarseness, long lasting, worse evening, slight exertion and Bleeding gums.
Stomach and abdomen
Sense of fullness after a few mouthful with indigestion from simple food.
Abdomen feels as if hanging down with flatulence and distention.
Stool and Anus
Blue, large, protruding, burning, offensive pile complaints.
Swelling of testes from metastasis of mumps.
Too frequent, too copious, passive flow in females during the periods.
Coldness, Numbness, Weakness.
Itching of skin worse in the evening, when warm in bed. It is also useful in senile gangrene beginning in toes.
Carbo Veg also helps in bed sores, carbuncles, acne, and indolent ulcers. There is thin and offensive smell from ulcers.
Imperfect oxidation. Blood seems to stagnate: blueness, coldness, ecchymosis.
Complaints after severe acute illness or injury; loss of fluids, suppressed discharge, drugging.
About LM potency homeopathy medicines
In the sixth edition of ‘Organon’ Dr. Hahnemann had introduced a new system of dilution and potentization and called it “renewed dynamisation” with a diluting ratio of 1:50,000. It was named as 50 millesimal potency or LM potency by Dr. Pierre Schmidt. In some parts of the world, it is also called as Q potency. It soon got professional acceptance. As on date, it is recognized by different homoeopathic pharmacopoeias including American and Indian.
What are they and how are they denoted?
These homoeopathic potencies are prepared in the diluting scale of 1:50,000 and denoted as 0/1, 0/2, 0/3…..etc. They are generally used up to 0/30.
- Highest development of power at each potency level.
- Mildest reaction – no medicinal aggravation.
- Frequent repetition is permitted; every hour or oftener in urgent cases.
- Quick cure in chronic cases where it can be given daily or oftener.
- 0/3 is more subtle than 30C or 200C and the 0/30 is sharper than CM as believed by many classical homoeopaths.
LM potency dosage: Generally LM potencies are administered as follows:
- Take a 4oz (120ml) to 6oz (180ml) clean glass bottle. Fill it 3/4th with water. Take 1or 2 globules of the desired potency (often starting at LM 0/1) and place it into the bottle.
- Succuss the bottle just prior to ingestion 1 to 12 times depending on the sensitivity of the patient. This slightly raises the potency and activates the remedy.
- Take 1, or more teaspoons of the medicinal solution and place it into 8 to 10 tablespoons of water in a dilution glass and stir it. Most cases are started with 1 teaspoon and the amount is increased only if necessary. In children the amount should be 1/2 teaspoon. Infants may only need 1/4 of a teaspoon.
The dosage of the medicinal solution can be carefully adjusted to suit the sensitivity of the individual’s constitution
Note: We dispense SBL LM potency medicines in 1/2, 1 & 2 dram plastic containers, image for illustrative purpose only.